Applications are invited for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program 2023-25 for early career researchers.
About the Scholars Program
CIFAR invites exceptional early-career researchers from across the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to join one of our interdisciplinary research programs that address some of the most important questions facing science and humanity.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program accelerates the development of the next generation of research leaders and positions them to heighten their impact in academia and beyond.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program includes three core components, each contributing toward the development of tomorrow’s research leaders:
- Participating in a CIFAR Research Program – An Interdisciplinary Network of Fellows,
- Strengthening Leadership and Communication Skills,
- Increasing Impact within and outside of Academia.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholar’s research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
- Have a valid passport, and if required, be able to obtain travel visas to attend CIFAR meetings around the world (2-3 times per year).
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of leading researchers,
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support,
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program,
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines,
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put your skills into action.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars join a CIFAR research program and participate in leadership development opportunities over a two-year term. The term will begin on April 1, 2023 and end on March 31, 2025. At the end of the term, Scholars retain the title ‘CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar’ and are encouraged to remain connected to CIFAR through CIFAR’s Next Generation Initiatives and research programs.
How to Apply?
Interested participants can apply for the program through this link.
October 25, 2022 – 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7).