Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the CERN Short-Term Internship 2022 in Switzerland.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a full-time student and are at least 18 years of age.
- Please note that candidates who are currently studying for a PhD are not eligible for this programme.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, and scientific communication. A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields such as: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, and logistics.
- Your work at CERN must be an obligatory or recommended part of your studies.
- You will be returning to your educational establishment after the completion of your stay at CERN.
- You have a good knowledge of English and/or French.
- You will need to have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area (France and Switzerland) for medical expenses, work and private accidents as well as any disability arising from professional and non-professional illness and accidents.
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,516 Swiss Francs: please note, however, that the cost of living in Geneva is high and this allowance is just a complement. You should have adequate financial resources to support yourself in the local area.
The duration of the internship is a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 6 months.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.