Doug Weller is organising the Six Word Wonder Contest 2022-23. Submit your entries now and win exciting prizes!
About Doug Weller
Doug Weller is a storyteller and the creator of the Six Word Wonder. His mission is to entertain, educate, and amuse, and he has a terrible beard.
His new book, Six Word Stories, brings stories, jokes, memoirs, and poetry together. Each one written in only 6 words.
About the Six Word Wonder Contest 2022
A Six Word Wonder is a story, memoir, poem, or joke, told in only six words.
This is the place for you to enter your absolute best six word stories, memoirs, poems, and jokes, with the chance of winning $100, getting published, and being named the Six Word Wonder!
You can read about the 2022 winners here.
Full Terms and Conditions of the Six Word Wonder Contest 2022
Ensure you read the rules carefully before entering the contest. You are required to confirm acceptance of the contest rules on submission of your entry and failure to comply with the rules may result in disqualification.
- The contest is open to all nationalities and all backgrounds. Six Word Wonder fully supports global equality.
- All entries must be exactly six words long, and written in British or American English. Any titles will be included in the six word count. Entrants must be aged 16 years old or over, otherwise they will be disqualified.
- Entries can only be made through the entry form on dougweller.net. Entries through any other source may be disqualified.
- Entries may be on any subject. You may enter up to 6 six word stories per entry.
- All entrants confirm that they hold the copyright for each entry and all entries are original. Entries must not be plagiarised or copied from other sources. Entries must be entirely your own work. Any evidence to the contrary will result in immediate disqualification.
- Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the original author, but Doug Weller and Six Word Wonder have the unrestricted rights to publish any entry, in any form, including, but not limited to, publication on https://dougweller.net, publication in books, magazines, Instagram, and Twitter, and promotional material, including the use of the entrant’s name. No additional compensation will be offered or given for use by Six Word Wonder or Doug Weller.
- All entrants agree to only enter the contest if it is lawful to enter in their country.
- As part of the entry, the entrant may receive emails to update about the contest, about the publication of books in the Six Word Wonder series and other news from Doug Weller. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- It is not possible to confirm receipt of entries by phone or email.
- The shortlist and winning entrants will be contacted by email after judging has been completed.
- You may enter the contest using a pen name. This name will be used in correspondence and in any credit for published stories.
- This contest will close to new entrants on 30th November 2022 at midnight Pacific Standard Time. Any entries after this time may be disqualified.
- Entrants must complete the double-opt to complete their entry.
- Friends and family of Doug Weller may not enter this contest.
- Each entry will be judged by Doug Weller using any criteria he deems appropriate to assess the creative merit of the entry. The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into. The judge is unable to comment on individual entries. Judging is fair and unbiased. Six Word Wonder reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice.
What does the Six Word Wonder winner win?
The winner will:
- be named Six Word Wonder 2023.
- be published in a future Six Word Wonder series book.
- win a cash prize of $100 (7,969.25 Indian Rupee).
Shortlisted stories will also win the chance to be published in a future Six Word Wonder book series.
Entry is free. All entries will be credited to you if shared or published in future. By entering, you agree to the contest’s full terms and conditions.
How to Submit?
To submit your entries, click here.